Sunday, April 25, 2010

Portico Update

This is my house that I have been working on in my spare time.
It is a charming little house, but the exterior has seem better days. The iron porch post, had completely fallen off, and was dangling, for far too long, on only a screw. So they needed to be replaced anyway. While we were at it, we decided to give the whole thing a little cosmetic facelift. And it has made all of the difference.
So I wrapped the windows in some siding, and trimmed out the windows and siding. Installed new posts, and wrapped them as well. Then ripped off the aluminum siding, and put up shingles on the portico.
It has added so much to this little house. Definitely given it a fresh new look.
Now we are looking at paint colors.
We are pretty set on this green for the exterior, then a cream colored white for the trim. And my wife really wants a yellow door.

No comments:

Post a Comment